Wellness Tip: Team Work Makes The Dream Work
At one time or another, we have all been part of a team. Whether it’s been on a field of play or at the office, we all understand having to work together with others towards a common goal. Here are a few keys to having a successful team.
- Realize that the team possesses a variety of gifts or positions, but pursues the same goal.
- Everyone has a contribution to make which benefits the team
- Every gift and talent is important to the overall function of the team, therefore, there is no need to compare gifts or compete with others talents.
- Team members are to function like the organs and muscles in the body.
- No team member is less important than another. All are necessary. Sometimes the players who seem less important are actually more important.
- Although members are equally important, they are meant to be diverse.
- Instead of competing with each other, complete each other.
When working on or with a team, recognize each other’s differences and make a conscience effort to appreciate those differences. This is not always easy. Those members that are different than us, whether it be in talents or in personality, are often those members that can drive us crazy. Our differences can sometimes push us to opposite ends of a task rather than pushing us together towards the same goal.
Remember, a team can also apply to our family and our friendships. What can you do today to embrace another’s differences for the good of a common goal? Do you have any team experiences you’d like to share? Leave a reply below.